In today's dynamic world of transportation and personal mobility, cycling has gained popularity for both commuting and leisure. Whether you're a co...
Maintenance of outdoor backpacks
Backpacks play a very important role in outdoor activities, and proper maintenance of your bag after a trip can extend the life of your backpack. Here are a few tips on outdoor backpacks to see how to maintain your backpack.
In the process of using1. When packing luggage, if there are more heavy items or all heavy items, they can be placed evenly. After putting on the shoulders, you should buckle and tighten the sternum strap so that the backpacker does not feel the back fall, and pull the adjustment strap between the shoulder straps and the backpack with both hands when acting.
2. When passing without protection, loosen the shoulder straps of the backpack and open the waist belt and sternum strap so that in case of danger, you can separate the person from the pack as fast as possible to ensure that you can get out of danger lightly.
3. Don't drop your backpack, especially if it is packed solidly. After the backpack is full, the tension of the stitching is already quite tight, if you unload the backpack rudely at this time, or if it falls accidentally, it is easy for the stitching to break or the buckle to break. Iron and hard equipment should not be placed close to the backpack fabric: If hard items such as cutlery, pots and pans are placed close to the backpack fabric, the fabric will easily be worn out if the backpack's exterior is slightly rubbed against hard rock walls or railings.
4. Be careful with buckles and webbing accessories during transport: When you get on the bus, there will be some pulling and tugging of the backpack, so pay attention to whether the backpack is buckled on when you get on the bus. Some backpacks have soft waist buckles that can be reversed to buckle the lower part of the backpack, while some backpacks have hard plastic plates to support the waistband, which cannot be reversed and will easily crack. It is best to cover the backpack with a backpack cover to prevent the webbing from tangling with other backpacks and damaging the backpack during the pulling process.
Backpack cleaning1. It is recommended to remove the dust from the outer layer of the backpack with a dry soft bristle brush and then wash it with water, directly wiping it with a wet cloth to try instead is easy to stain the fabric surface. If you have oil stains, it is best to use a neutral washing solution, if it is not good to judge the nature of the solution, you can use a bath or shampoo instead (these are generally neutral and acidic).
2. After rinsing clean, put it in a cool place to air dry, do not take it to the sun, ultraviolet light is easy to cause fiber hardening and brittle. After backpacking or long day trips, soak for about 30 minutes or rinse with plenty of water to avoid organic matter, small organisms or rotten leaves in the stream water from getting stuck in the backpacking system and causing mold or bacteria to grow.
3. When the backpack is not completely dry, it is the best time to spray it with professional water repellent, spray some professional outdoor water repellent at this time, after it dries, the backpack will be as good as new again.
Backpack collection1. Backpack is scratched should be instantly sewn, to use a thicker needle and thread is specialized in sewing seat cushion needle tool shall be sewn firmly, end nylon thread with fire broken.
2. Check the stability of the main support points, such as the waist belt and shoulder straps, and the backpack system on a regular basis to avoid deterioration or hardening of the gaskets without knowing it, and change the zipper when it's time to do so, don't wait until something slips out of the backpack to remedy the situation.
3. Make sure the backpack is completely dry and empty it, don't leave any in the backpack, on the one hand to avoid not being able to find anything, on the other hand, if there are other things inside when collecting, it will easily cause backpack deformation after stacking, and finally tighten the webbing fasteners and buckle them on, in the storage box to keep it dry. You can apply some professional anti-bacterial and anti-mold spray to avoid long term storage of bacteria breeding caused by mold.