What to eat when hiking? This is a problem that must be solved before departure.
It is easy to understand, that the more you consume, the more you replenish.
Carry the quality of food to try to be light, as small as possible, hiking bag also contains a lot of equipment.
Arrange the food according to the distance and the time you will spend at your destination. If you find a lot of food left in the bag when you return, then you bring more. If you are worried about bringing less, add a compressed cookie in case you need it
The daily consumption capacity of climbing is about 2.5 times more than usual, the ratio of food intake should be: 60% carbohydrate, 20% protein and 20% fat. We rarely think about this thing. But as long as it is not a long-term inconsistency in the mix, there will be no major problems. You can base on this and refer to the above three principles to develop your outdoor diet list.
Compressed cookies: high energy, hunger-resistant. Eat a piece and drink some water can be a meal. It is not advisable to carry too much because of the high density and heavy mass of compressed cookies. If you have a long trip, eating too much is easy to get hot, and it is easy to get tired of eating. Recommended to prepare 2 compressed cookies.
Beef jerky: The price is a little expensive, but it is rich in protein and can provide enough energy.
Instant noodles: high in calories, but not easy to consume for a long time.
Oats: high in calories, rich in protein and carbohydrates. Easy to cook, a little more expensive than rice.
Rice: For those who use rice as a staple food, this is a must.
Raisins: with up to 60% fructose, they quickly replenish energy and can be eaten as a snack.
Steamed buns: inexpensive, can be used as a staple food, replenish carbohydrates, eat 2-3 of them at a meal that is full. Another point of buns is that they have a long storage time, are elastic and compressible.
Eight-boat porridge: Although it is packed in a tin can, it is still good as a food snack to improve the next meal.
Squash: replenish the salt lost due to sweating, and can be used as a side dish with meals.
Chocolate: high-fat and high-calorie food, effective in replenishing energy.
Fruits: can be supplemented with vitamins and fructose.
The above list of more common and after practice these foods are better. Of course, according to personal preferences and habits, there are many choices, not limited to the above.
Finally, about the problem of cooking rice in the field, many friends do not grasp the amount of rice and water. According to personal experience, if you cook porridge should be, water needs to be four times the rice; if you cook rice, water and rice as much as possible.
The following is a summary of the experience of netizens, it is worth to refer to.
1. One bowl of rice can cook three or nine servings, depending on the number of people and the number of days of the trip.
2. The ratio of rice to water for cooking is as follows.
Elevation below 1000M 1:1
Elevation above 3500M1：2.5
3. How to cook rice: Cook on high heat until boiling, then smother on the smallest heat for 15~20 minutes. You can add some salad oil to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pot (if there is no oil, add a little more water).
4. How to cook the porridge: Soak the remaining rice in water about 2.5 times after dinner that day.
Cleaning cooking utensils
1. There is a river or water source near the camp, and water can be used for cleaning.
2. There is no water source near the camp, wipe with paper towels to remove the oil. If there is enough drinking water, it can also be used for cleaning. Do not cook greasy things if possible, cleaning is troublesome.
Finally, after camping, you must clean up the garbage you bring. It is everyone's responsibility to protect nature.