27.5 or 29 inch: MTB wheel sizes in comparison There is a clear trend in MTB wheel sizes: 29-inch wheels over 27.5-inch wheels across the board. Bu...
How to choose high-energy food for camping?
What to eat outdoors, this is to participate in outdoor sports must be discussed a topic, the main principle is that the food is high in calories, can provide enough energy to allow you to complete the journey, in general I will choose high protein and high calorie food, of course, the weight and volume of food is also a range of considerations, you can not carry a very heavy and occupy the place of food. For example, watermelon, durian, coconut, etc., not only will not provide a lot of energy, but also make you go more difficult on the road.
Choose food can be considered from the following aspects.
- High energy: This is necessary for outdoor sports, you consume more energy, the intake of energy must also be more, which also affects the following two aspects to a certain extent.
- Light: carry the quality of food to try to be light, as small as possible, hiking bag also contains a lot of equipment.
- The right amount: scientific calculation, combined with the travel time to carry enough food can be, if you find that when you come back to the bag there is still a lot of food left, then you bring more, you can bring an extra compressed cookies for emergencies.
The ability to go out climbing every day consumed about 2.5 times the usual (food ratio: 60% carbohydrates, 20% protein, 20% fat). We rarely take into account the ratio of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. As long as you are not chronically inconsistent with the mix there will be no major problems. The disadvantage of excessive protein intake is to increase the burden on the kidneys, causing various diseases, but not absolutely, like bodybuilders, the protein content of the food they eat is particularly high. Here I give two references "various sports consumption calorie table" and "food calorie table of common food". You can base on this and refer to the above three principles to develop your outdoor diet list.
Common outdoor foods.
Compressed cookies: high energy, hunger-resistant. Eat a piece and drink some water can be a meal. It is not advisable to carry too much because of the high density and heavy mass of compressed cookies. If you have a long trip, eating too much is easy to get hot, and it is easy to get tired of eating. It is recommended to prepare just 2 compressed cookies.
Beef jerky: very luxurious food, more expensive, but rich in protein and can provide sufficient energy.
Instant noodles: high in calories, but not easy to consume for a long time.
Oats: high in calories, rich in protein and carbohydrates, easy to cook, and a little more expensive than rice.
Rice: For those who use rice as a staple food, this is a must.
Raisins: Fructose content up to 60%, quickly replenish energy, can be used as a snack food, walk for a while to eat a few then walk for a while again.
Steamed buns: inexpensive, can be used as a staple food, supplement carbohydrates, a meal to eat 2-3 that is full, in the case of hunger, there are steamed buns to eat is also very happy. Another point of steamed buns is the long storage time, flexible and compressible.
Eight-boat porridge: Although it is packed in a tin can, it is still good as a food snack to improve the next meal.
Squash: replenish the salt lost due to sweating, and can be used as a side dish with meals.
Chocolate: high-fat and high-calorie food, effective in replenishing energy.
Fruits: can replenish vitamins and fructose, when you reach the destination even a dried apple also feel very happy, of course, the most direct result of the lack of vitamins is dry stool.
The above list of more common and after practice these foods are better. Of course, according to personal preferences and habits there are many choices, and not limited to the above.
Finally, about the problem of cooking rice in the field, many friends do not grasp the amount of rice and water. According to personal experience cooking rice should be like this: put rice into the pot, this time these rice in the pot has a height assumed to be X, the amount of water should be 4X +, this is only an approximate value, if the middle feel that the water is not enough to add water in.
The following is a summary of the experience of netizens, it is worth to refer to.
- A bowl of rice can cook three bowls of rice, a bowl of rice can cook nine bowls of thin rice, according to the number of people, the number of days to prepare the trip.
- The ratio of rice to water for cooking is as follows.
Elevation below 1000M 1:1
Elevation above 3500M1：2.5
- Rice cooking method: first boil on high heat until boiling → then stifle with the smallest fire for 15~20 minutes, you can add some salad oil to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pot (no oil in the field, add a little more water to it).
- cooking method of thin rice: the amount of rice for dinner can be considered the next day's breakfast thin rice, and the remaining rice soaked in water about 2.5 times after dinner that day.
Cleaning cooking utensils
- If there is a river or water source in the camp area, you can clean it with water, and the cleaning method will not be mentioned.
- If there is no water source in the campground, wipe it slightly with a paper towel to remove the grease and clean it next time you use it, but if you don't, just take a little water to clean it, so try not to cook anything greasy, that's a lot of trouble to brush the pot.
Finally, after the wilderness camping must clean up the garbage, will bring the garbage clean, protect the nature is everyone's responsibility.